Consulting services fall into these broad areas:
- Package Review Plans for academics who need a fast turnaround on a grant proposal or other document with a tight deadline. Review plans, their scope, and pricing are here. Use the contact page to reach me about those services and payment options.
- Academic Mentoring Services – Academic faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students can always use more support on their career paths. A mentor is part of that other support. Listed below are two types of personal mentoring plans. Please use the contact page to ask about either one.
- Mentoring for the Academic Scientist – Learn from my experiences of success and failure as an academic life scientist, so you can be better prepared in your academic career. Mentoring sessions will have an informal tone, but centered on balancing teaching, research, and service for those on, near or want to be on the academic career path. Personal mentoring, tailored to your needs, will take place through calls, chats, other collaborative tools, and emails.
- Individual Grant Proposal Mentoring – Not everyone has access to a grant writing mentor. This is an intense program of personal mentoring around the process of grant proposal preparation and writing. This eight week (at least) experience will take you from detailed dissections of the RFP and application guidelines, through outlining, writing the sections, developing the budget etc. The mentoring plan will be tailored to the pertinent grant proposal and any personal needs. The plan will employ weekly mentoring calls, email correspondence, file sharing, and other collaborative cloud-based tools.
Other Consulting Services
If your nonprofit has a basis in the life sciences or has a project needing life science expertise, please ask about the following services using the contact form.
- Review of draft or existing documents and other materials.
- Editing of existing documents.
- Research potential funding opportunities in various grant databases.
- Evaluate potential grant makers and non-profits for the right fit.
- Consult and Collaborate with other grant consultants for specific expertise through Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Research Additional required information for proposal development.
- Manage and Organize the proposal writing process according to the guidelines, including submission dates.
- Prepare grant proposal budgets.
- Write full grant proposals, white papers, letters of intent or inquiry, and other documents.
- Additional consulting areas of expertise include higher education, science education, and life science research.